[SpamCop.net - protecting the internet through technology]

[SC-Help] Re: how do I undo a block to my email?

Spam Hater ohubp6n02 at sneakemail.com
Wed May 14 19:53:49 EDT 2003

The original post was from an AOL user and his complaint was that he
blocked a fellow AOL user.  In general, most AOL users use AOL's built in
email program to read and send their email.  I haven't played with it yet,
but I read somewhere that the newest version of AOL has one-click SPAM
reporting capabilities.  So, assuming a whole lot of facts not yet in
evidence, my guess is that his buddy sent him a message and he "spamed"
(sic) his buddy by clicking on the *This is SPAM* button.  If this is the
case, the message itself was probably forwarded to TOSreports and ignored
like they do most reports and at the same time, his buddy was probably
added to his AOL blocklist.  Only the original poster can confirm this,
but he hasn't chimed back in yet...

My suggestion to him was to check for this block under his Mail
Preferences settings.  If he couldn't find it there, he will pretty much
have to contact AOL directly unless someone else on here is an AOLuser and
isn't afraid to admit it and give a step by step set of instructions on
how to undo the damage.

At 02:51 PM 5/14/2003 -0700, Mike Easter typed: