[SpamCop.net - protecting the internet through technology]

[SC-Help] Re: spam@uce.gov has replaced uce@ftc.gov

WazoO nobody at devnull.spamcop.net
Tue Jul 6 16:08:23 EDT 2004

"WazoO" <nobody at devnull.spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:ccbv4u$vt4$1 at news.spamcop.net...

> Phone call got the "closed for the day" message, e-mail
> sent asking about the change, why there is no reference
> to the old address, what's the difference, etc. ...This new
> address is on several of the FTC pages, www.ftc.gov/spam
> and sub-links for instance ...

OK, called the 1-877-FTC-HELP number, talked to
three people that have never heard of the new address,
as they also still refer folks to use the uce at ftc.gov ...
Their only suggestion was for me to dial up
1-202-326-2830, something like Public Referral
Office and see if they have a clue as to where the
new address might have came from.  Being retired
U.S.Army (read that as broke) long distance isn't
an option here ... anyone else want to take on the
task of figuring out where the individual that has
done up the web pages got his/her data?

I've got three e-mails out to various addresses,
one found on a page, one found as tech in the
registration, and of course webmaster .. but
no response from any of them either.