[SpamCop-List] Re: SpamCop fails if Unicode chars in spam
nobody at spamcop.net
Wed May 26 14:00:41 EDT 2004
"Michael Lefevre" <michael.spamcop at michaellefevre.com> wrote in message
news:c8vb2v$jpo$1 at news.spamcop.net...
> Patto wrote:
>> Received a spam today with large numbers of Unicode characters [0xF8F3];
>> SpamCop fails with the old "Too much data" error message.
>> This has been known for a very long time - is this ever going to be
>> Or is there a circumvention, such as setting the browser to Unicode
> Julian did some testing, with the help of others, a while ago. We found it
> was possible to make the form support the unicode stuff by changing some
> settings on the server side, but that made form submission break
> completely for some browsers so they couldn't submit any spam at all.
> I haven't tried it, but I think if you paste the text in from something
> without Unicode support, it might work.
I found two ways of circumventing the problem:
1) Open message (OL2K) and copy (right-click, view source) from within the
message. This will render the original source char (¨) instead of the
2) Use a tool such as Cliptomatic to paste into the SC window; this will
paste the Unicode char as question marks.
More information about the SpamCop-List